Activision is taking a different approach with Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Call of Duty Elite. With Black Ops 2 all gamers will be able to access the full feature set of Call of Duty Elite, stat tracking and community building.
As a free service for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the Call of Duty Elite platform will continue to evolve as the definitive Call of Duty headquarters, with the inclusion of new and enhanced features such as:
- Player HQ – Track Call of Duty: Black Ops II performance with rich game statistics, including enhanced match information such as heat maps and recent match data; track challenges and extensively modify your classes like never before using Treyarch’s new Pick 10 Create-a-Class system.
- Clan HQ – Join an existing clan or start your own, invite friends and then take part in Call of Duty: Black Ops II clan competitions with cool digital prizing.
- Zombies Support – For the millions of Zombies fans out there, now you can track your Zombies personal statistics and compare it to other players’ around the world.
- Call of Duty Elite TV – Launching with tablet support with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the new Call of Duty Elite TV will deliver a renewed community focus featuring developer tips and strategy programming, custom class overviews and more.
- Social Sharing and Notifications – With Call of Duty Elite’s new notification system, you can stay updated with what is going on in Call of Duty:Black Ops II, as well as communicate directly with your clan.
Since Elite will be free Activision is adding a Season Pass to the franchise which for one price give you access to all 4 of the planned DLC packs for the game. The packs will also be available a la carte.
Those Modern Warfare 3 players with subscriptions to Elite will continue to receive full access to Elite through the end of their subscription.
For the full rundown and a look at Call of Duty Elite and Black Ops 2 check out the video below: