The smash hit Toy Soldiers is heading to PC today. Gamers can head over to the Windows LIVE Marketplace or Steam and digitally purchase this highly addictive game WWI strategy game that Xbox gamers have enjoyed for well over a year now. As of now PC gamers can only get the original Toy Soldiers game, but I’m sure the newer Toy Soldiers: Cold War will also make its way to the PC in the near future.
Toy Soldiers PC features:
- Toy Battles: Play 30 missions in the Allied, Central, Kaiser’s Battle, and Invasion! campaigns and lead your Toy Soldiers to victory!
- Arsenal of Weapons: Command over 50 controllable units including Machine Guns, Howitzers, Tanks, Fighter Planes and Bombers.
- Miniaturized Mayhem: Unique game visuals and post-effects capture the imagination and provide real world historical events in a playful, toy-like miniature world.
- Endless Action: Four “Survival” levels test your mettle against waves of endless enemies.
- Bragging Rights: 24 Achievements to add up to 400 points to your Xbox LIVE gamerscore. Ration Tickets provide secondary objectives on every campaign level.
- Free DLC: Enjoy the content of the original Toy Soldiers DLC packs, The Kaiser’s Battle and Invasion!, absolutely free.
Signal Studios also announced today that Xbox gamers will get their first installment of DLC for Toy Soldiers: Cold War tomorrow. There will be two DLC packs released on the Xbox Live Marketplace tomorrow, the Evil Empire Pack and the Napalm Pack. Both DLC packs will expand the game’s single player, co-op and competitive modes.
Evil Empire Features:
- Calling all USSR Forces: Your comrades need your help to crush the capitalist scourge! Control the mighty Russian army in a brand new mini-campaign.
- Take the Hit: The new Survival mode, “Trauma”, adds the twist of damaging your toy box with every turret you place. Be prepared to bring your A-game, as reckless placement will not save the day.
- Back to the Battlefield: Strap on your gear and get your marching orders as you head out to the versus map, “Muddle.” Rule the new Survival map, “Ironfisted”, which can be attempted solo or with a partner in local or Xbox LIVE Co-op.
- Bosses, Barrages and Vehicles – Oh My: Take down the American army’s all new “Super Tank” boss using the new “Orbital Laser” barrage or the new “Super Hormone” helicopter.
- In Soviet Russia, Mini-Game Plays You: Tired of capitalist pigs taking your hard-earned money? Strike back in this classic arcade-styled mini-game, “Pop-a-Pig.”
- Decorate Yourself with Soviet Pride: Don’t think you get enough notice for your hard work? Earn new decorations and unlock three new achievements.
- The Heat is On: Roast the opposition as you take control of your favorite U.S. units in a brand new mini-campaign.
- Survival Man: You are the army in the new Survival mode, “Commando.” Take control of Commando or Ivan and defend your base without the aid of turrets.
- Return to the Front: Get back into the fray with the all-new multiplayer map, “Fervor.” Defend two toy boxes alone or with a partner in the new survival map, “Double Dealing.”
- Burn, Boss! Burn: Watch the new USSR “Mi-12 Homer” boss go down in flames as you take charge with the new “Napalm” barrage or the new “Laser Tank.”
- Get to the Chopper: Leave no man behind! Jump into your U.S. Rescue Helicopter and evacuate POWs in the high-flying mini-game, “Hang Time.”
- Full Medal Jacket: Show off your accomplishments with pride! Answer the call and unlock three new achievements, as well as new decorations.
Both DLC packs will cost 400 MS Points each.