Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360 owners can rejoice as Activision announced today the availability of the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 DLC, labeled as Content Collection #1 on Xbox LIVE. The collection features the two new epic Special Ops missions “Black Ice” and “Negotiator” and four new, adrenaline-fueled multiplayer maps.
Featuring six fully-fledged Call of Duty experiences, Content Collection #1 looks to set the bar for variety, value and fan-service in the FPS DLC marketplace. The full loadout includes:
• Black Ice: This Special Ops mission plunges combatants deep into a frozen diamond mine via snowmobile in order to infiltrate a secret weapons plant and initiate the self-destruct sequence to take the facility offline for good.
• Negotiator: India is the backdrop for a Special Ops hostage extraction, where gamers must execute flawless breach-and-clears and negotiate a maze of surface streets to ensure the safety of rescued civilians.
• Liberation: Players take up positions in a militarized Central Park in the heart of NYC, a sprawling deathscape ripe for long-range sniper and LMG kills.
• Piazza: An idyllic seaside village, an Italian getaway gone rogue, where blind corners and a complex warren of branching pathways pose danger at every turn.
• Overwatch: A compact, sky-high battle arena set in a construction site atop a New York City office tower.
• Black Box: Players seek tactical advantage in multi-level hillside homes overlooking a downed Air Force One, as a luxe SoCal neighborhood turns into a warzone.
Collection #1 is available first on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video for 1,200 Microsoft Points, or $14.99. The Collection is open to all and having a premium Call of Duty Elite membership is not required. The DLC pack will be rolled out to other platforms at a later date still to be announced.