Sony Online announced today their 13th anniversary; EverQuest was recently inducted into the GDC Hall of Fame. There is a vast variety of modes to play in; from recurring vs non recurring subscriptions, free and gold memberships. EverQuest is one of the longest running MMOs available today with 13 years of trajectory there is plenty to look back upon. To celebrate with a bang they are transitioning EverQuest to a free-to-play model. On top of that there will be a variety of in-game activities available and game updates. If the platinum pieces that are in the game were to be valued in today’s market the richest player would be worth $893 billion, take that Bill Gates.
- Lucky 13 - Players can now embark on anniversary missions and quests, surrounded by anniversary décor in the “Plane of Knowledge,” that follows a special 13th anniversary theme:
- Players can experience 13 new quests.
- A spectacular mission as some of the iconic villains of EverQuest.
- A Raid to stop a familiar foe from gaining ultimate power.
- And over 40 events from past anniversaries.
- Hero’s Journey - A book to guide players through a series of achievements from level one to level 85. Utilizing and improving upon content that is already in the game, characters may begin this journey at any level.
- Improved Navigation - An added zone guide, this window is a quick way to look up zones in the game by level, zone connections, and other data about the zone.
- Zoning Path Finder - The zone path finder generates a path between any chosen zone and any other zone in the world. Additionally, zone connections have been added to the Find window.
- Improved Find Tracking - Find tracking is now visible in the map window. Players will be able to see your ‘find wisp’ in the map window and it will auto center on the path and zoom in and out so you can see the whole path.
- Maps - Improvements to the maps have been made to elevate players’ adventures. Maps now support custom map directories, have added map label searching, and the ability to right click on any point on the map to attempt to bring up a visible path to it.
For more information about EverQuest make sure you visit http://www.everquest.com