Obviously Undead Labs took notice to my awesome article from last week where I ripped out facts from their comments section and presented it to our nine readers for their viewing pleasure. So today Undead Labs have released their own Q&A by answering unanswered questions from the comment section from last week. So here we are once again with another list of things in their Zombie title.
1. Besides rifles, they are looking at a variety of ranged options like bows and crossbows. (It isn’t confirmed if these weapons will be available in the arcade game)
2. Weapons that are louder in real life will be louder in-game, and louder shots will attract the attention of zombies that are farther away.
3. You may be want to pull out a suppressor to muffle the crack of a pistol when you’re fighting in close quarters. It’s also likely that single shots from a shotgun would attract less attention than the constant rattle of a heavy machinegun.
4. Although they don’t confirm it, they did say that “Zombies+Fire=Fun” in reply to a question “Will players be able to craft Molotovs?”
5. They are looking into licensing real-world guns, but it’s not critical to the game. (It’s called advertising make them pay. If I am using a special branded pistol that does amazing zombie killing, don’t you think I will buy it when I start fearing a real zombie apocalypse coming? It basically sells it self. Just capitalize on our insanity.)
6. They are considering offering various ammo types. The biggest reason why it isn’t definite is because when you are shooting at fleshy corpses their really isn’t much of a reason for armor piercing rounds. Instead they might have different guns have different ammo types.
7. There are a full range of customization options they’re envisioning for Class4, but they haven’t decided whether they’ll include a simplified version of the system in Class3 yet.
8. There will be exotic/rare weapons to find in the game.
9. Current guntypes include revolvers, semi-automatic pistols, rifles (both carbine and bolt), SMGs, assault rifles, sniper rifles, machine guns, and grenades. They’re also considering other projectile weapons like grenade launchers, rocket launchers, bows, and crossbows.
10. You’ll be able to carry stuff, including extra ammo, but you’ll want to consider the weight, fatigue, and noise consequences.
11. There will be a variety of melee weapons. Melee combat is a very important part of the game.