Various forums and fan websites have already leaked a full list of English Pokémon names that will appear in Pokémon Black and White. While we can’t show you the full lists here because they have not been officially announced by Nintendo, we can show you the new names IGN recently revealed.
- Desukaan, the Coffin Pokémon – Cofagrigus
- Mogurew, the Mole Pokémon – Drilbur
- Kibago, the Tusk Pokémon – Axew
- Koromori, the Bat Pokémon – Woobat
- Minezumi, the Scout Pokémon – Patrat
- Gothiruselle, the Astral Body Pokémon – Gothitelle
- Ranculus, the Multiplying Pokémon - Reuniclus
- Wargle, the Valiant Pokémon – Braviary
- Musharna, the Drowsing Pokémon – Musharna
What do you think? I personally think Woobat has a nice ring to it. With each new generation of Pokémon games, fans have questioned the lack of creativity when localizing a Pokémon game and its characters. Despite this, people continue to buy the games and eventually get over any qualms they have with a Pokémon name after a while. Besides, it’s not like you can’t nickname them.